Saturday, May 28, 2016

     Hope everyone is enjoying this Memorial weekend.  It is a time to remember all those who have served or are still serving our country.  I have 2 sons that are vets and am grateful everyday that they came back home safely.

     I can not believe what I woke up to this morning when I checked my phone.  I seen that my Intagram feed was very busy last night, I mean really busy!  I have over 1K new followers!  Yes, that is correct, not a typo!  I thought what on earth triggered this wave of attention all the sudden?  Well come to find out I was tagged in Marion aka Miss Mustard Seed's Instagram feed.  I for one could not believe that she took notice of little old me and our mill house project.  Miss Mustard Seed is like a celebrity!  I never miss one of her blog posts, ever!  She has to be one of the most talented women in this country!

     I am so humbled by all the exposure that has come forth during our renovation of this mill.  I am just so humbled by all the sweet, most genuine, thoughtful comments, just so humbled!  I just don't know how to tell you all how very thankful I am for all the support and kindness I have been receiving!!

     I am also getting quite a few requests for my cow print.  I am going to open up an Easy account the next chance I get.  I will post it on my IG and FB sites as well as here when it's ready.

     I do wish that I could reply directly to each comment on my blog.  I will have to see if that is possible.  I have been asked what paint I have used for my walls in this mill.  Since we are on a budget we did not go with the latest and greatest but instead tried a brand that is carried by Menards called Conco.  It is a very soft white called Antique white 300/3.  It works for me.

     Another question that was asked was how do we heat this old Mill.   We have in floor heating in the basement(family room), and the main floor.  Since we have an open atrium to the second floor where our bedroom is, the heat rises and has kept us pretty warm.  This past winter in our home, which was our first since moving here,  had a few bumps and hiccups but we made it through a long, cold winter.  We found quite a few areas that were drafty that we had to fix and such.

     So last but not least, I thought I would share with you what I was tinkering on this morning.  I have this old, tall wooden ladder that I placed leaning on a wall in our living area.  I then wanted to do something to it besides hanging quilts on it.  I had brainstormed a short while and then the lightbulb came on......gathered 3 baskets.....attached them to the ladder......added magazines, and now it is a functional, cool piece that fits perfectly in the space.  So it was pretty easy peazy as my grandson would say!

     Have a safe, relaxing weekend my friends!










I attached a screw to the ladder on each corner of the basket to secure.  The baskets were also placed so that the bottom backs had secure support using a rung of the ladder.  By doing so it kept the baskets from wanting to tip forward if something heavier was added in a basket.





6 comments:

Suzy said...

A great idea and I love the look!

Heather Sullivan said...

Etsy account?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your coffee table! Wow!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Just found your site and I LOVE IT! What a gorgeous home you have and so so creative!

Rhonda said...

I love everything about your home! The baskets on the ladder is a great idea, and so great looking!

Michele said...

Beautiful! Love the ladder with the baskets. Your coffee table is so unique and pretty. This entire room is beautiful.

Jody said...

Beautiful family room! I think a home made beautiful on a budget means more.