Saturday, February 22, 2014

Invasion of bunnies

Invasion of Bunnies?  Well, kind of.  I decided that I am going to start my Easter decorating early and I thought that the chippy white mantel would be a great place to start.

I just love the pretty pastel colors that Spring and Easter bring (not to mention warmer weather).  I love to collect smaller size  bunnies in all shapes and sizes.  The smaller sizes work well to set in any space such as shelves, on dishes, table settings, baskets and well just about anywhere you want a touch of bunnies!

I would like to also thank everyone for your wonderful comments that I have been recieving.
It really means alot to me.  I am hoping to figure out how to add a reply button.  I am always fearful of tinkering around and then loose my blog or worse... you as a friend!  So if you have any questions, I will reply in another comment.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY LITTLE TOUCH OF EASTER BUNNIES!

Sites I've joined this week...

Confessions of a plate addict ~ The Scoop
The Dedicated House ~ Make it Pretty
Work it Wednesday ~ The Blissful Bee

I love this Easter banner that I had purchased last year from the Pottery Barn on clearance!   Score!!!!  For $12.00  











I had some dried branches that I added to a large ironstone pitcher and then added my mercury colored eggs that I had purchased on clearance sale last year at Pottery Barn.  Love a great bargain!










Here is a better picture of my favorite old quilt.  It has beautiful colors and quilting.  I had purchased it a few years ago at an antique show in Illinois while in Bishop Hill.  Please disregard that   black cord.  It has been so cold here in Wisconsin that we have used space heaters to help with sky rocketing costs of fuel.  So I see now that It should of been cropped out of picture.








See the lettering on this banner?  I think you could easily make one like this.  Burlap material and white material,  thick twine, paint and stencils and hot glue should be all you need to do this project.

16 comments:

Sandy said...

Awesome job Theresa!

Sandy said...

Awesome job Theresa!

Miss LindaLee said...

What a beautiful and cheerful post! I just love all your sweet bunnies and Easter pastel colors. It has really put me in the mood for spring. Thank you so much.
LindaLee from
CrossN' My Stitches

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Love all your little bunnies! All ready for spring... if only we could have a few more degrees in the air!

flowerlady464 said...

Pretty...I am sooo ready for a bunny invasion. Going to get out my spring decor a bit early this year too!
Don't worry about the cord....just let us know it's a real home!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the banner and those bunnies are so adorable!! Your mantel looks great!!
~Cindy

ArtisticRomantic said...

Beautiful decorating for Easter and spring. I especially like your mercury glass eggs they are the perfect touch.

bayrayschild said...

Sooooooooo LOVELY!!!

Audrey

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Your mantel is so pretty! I love those mercury glass eggs! Hugs...Debbie

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

GORGEOUS! Theresa, your bunny mantel and area around it is gussied up in lovely colors, textures and of course, bunnies! Beautiful!

Tara said...

So pretty! Love the sweet little bunnies all along the mantle! Wishing you a Happy Spring!

The Tablescaper said...

Your mantel is gorgeous. Lots of wonderful detail. I'd love to have you share it at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Artsy Chicks Rule said...

Love your mantel and banner!! So pretty!

Nancy

A Primitive Homestead said...

Beautiful spring Easter display. Love your bunnies.

Taunya Butler said...

What a beautiful display - loved it and the charm that it has!! Thank you for sharing!! daisiesgirl.com - love to have you stop by!!

must love junk said...

I love everything about this! The chippy mantel, the sweet little bunnies, the festive banner...it all looks great! :)
Susan