Thursday, February 13, 2014

A collection of past vignettes I have done

Sitting here today pondering on what my next move decorating will be,  I thought that I would browse through some older photos to see what I had done in the past homes.  It's funny how my tastes have changed slightly.  From Victorian, primitive, and to now which is half traditional and half farmhouse.

As some of you may not know,  I have been an antique dealer for several years and have always had an interest in finding that one piece that is unique.  When I buy something I always go by what I love and how or where would I use it in my home.  It helps to think outside the box and find unusually clever ways to use and decorate with my purchases.

I still have my 4000 sf shop but will soon be shutting the doors so to speak.  It was a destination store and I had been very successful in running it.  Many great pieces left that I wish I would of kept for myself  but I needed to make a living and couldn't hold on to everything. 

When the recession hit and many were loosing their jobs, and the gas prices were going up around here as well as elsewhere it did hurt our business.  But when one door closes another one opens as they say!  We own the building that our business is in and I am always trying to figure out if there is something else that I would like to do there.  When I do figure it all out I'll be sure to let you know.

Anyways, I love to decorate with old and new mixed in.  Sometimes you just have to when you can't seem to find that one old piece that you want.  In todays market there are many places you can buy reproductions that are just as nice and sometimes a heck of a lot cheaper than the real deal!

Todays post is all about the many ways that I have created vignettes from the past and present.  I am only showing the best of them.  Others from way back I thought "what was I thinking?!"  You know just like a bad hairstyle from high school.  We won't even go there!  Hope you enjoy these and who knows, maybe you'll get an idea or two. 

There is one more thing that I would like to tell you.  I am excited to have my very first linky party here!  It will start this Monday the 17th.  I will be calling it Makeover Monday.  I do hope that you will join me and link up with your favorite home makeovers whether it be a new vignette, rearranged furniture to painting a piece of furniture, whatever you have done in your home, please share...everyone needs a little inspiration now and then! 


I've linked up with Jennifer Rizzo Fabulously creative Friday
                                 Inspire to be inspired
                                 Feathered nest Friday at French Country Cottage
On Common Ground~Be Inspired


Here is one of my favorites here in the depot.  My husband made these shelves for me.  I Love them.  White ironstone, ahhhhh what can I say....I love them!  The only thing I hate in this is having a long cord hanging down the side.  But I think lighting plays a big part in decorating.  It softens things up.  I hate dark areas.


































10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love so many things about your home but oh those shelves are absolutely gorgeous!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Like all of them but oh MyMy the kitchen and dreamy laundry room.

sweet violets said...

LOVE all your prims!!! The laundry room and kitchen are perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The tourquoise and orange kitchen vignette is so fresh but gotta love the primitive ones in rusty red l black & blue plus that blue enamelware, swoon.

Alison Agnew said...

You have a lovely home and so many amazing pieces. What is it about antiques that appeal so much to our sensibilities? Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
Nancherrow

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Each time I was scrowling to a new vignette, I thought "this is my favourite!"

Unknown said...

I want a house like this room. Very nice.. I am the creator of Crochet by making a pattern. Please Follow my blog Crochet Tools and Materials

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I love looking at vignettes. I usually dissect them, because rarely would an entire look work for my spaces or style. It is amazing how you can get even little tiny bits and baubs from almost any vignette. Thanks so much for sharing!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Love your style! I felt like I was strolling through a magazine! Visiting from Amaze Me Monday

Pat said...

I adore your vignettes!!!
Not a fan of Hens & Roosters. . .but this vignette is stunning!!!
Visitng from Common Ground!
Fondly,
Pat