Sunday, August 26, 2012

Depot Kitchen is nearing completion

Our old late 1800's Railroad depot in Gotham, WI
 Had some time to make a post today to show you what we have accomplished with the depot kitchen.  I will try not to bore you.  I will continue to post other rooms but today its my new kitchen.  Lots of elbow grease went into this room.  Still have lots of decorating to do but hard to find anything that I packed away.  Its no wonder with the way I packed.  Hey, cant be good at everything!  Little putty, little paint made this kitchen what it aint!
This is inside kitchen.  Everything was knotty pine, even the ceiling. 
Old tiled floors.  We knocked down the wall behind the stove to make it more roomy.

Here is kitchen after knocking down wall.  Lots to do!!

Here in the kitchen I began painting.  Over and over and over.  Took 4 coats of paint to cover pine walls and ceiling.  Smokers years ago....hard time not getting film from smoke from passing though primer.  This is the room that I hated to paint.

Look at what is transforming!  A pretty, bright and airy kitchen.  Check out the flooring.  Nice.  I love it.  The cupboards were painted white.  Only took 3 coats paint on them.  Yes, I started with primer and then had primer in the paint also.


Here is the start of a wonderful relationship with my new kitchen.  Not all the detailing in decor is finished but its a start.


Here is another angle of kitchen.  New light fixtures in,  still need cabinet handles and new faucet put in.  Also trying to find just the right rug to put under my island.  Hard time finding just the one.  Its one of those things that youll know when you see it.


1 comment:

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

It turned out great! There's no comparison! It's like a different room.