Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Putting the cart before the horse.

Here is the beginning of the great room..This fake fireplace had to go!  We removed it not only because it was ugly but because it was hiding another gorgeous window.  You will see the window behind sofa in following picture.
Hi Friends,  Had a little time to spare this afternoon before taking my 3 year old grandaughter to register for dance lessons.  Talking about putting the cart before the horse, I just could not stand looking at the great room mess any longer!  My pottery barn sofa and rug came and just had to start decorating in here even though the other half of the room is still cluttered with tools and other equipment that my husband keeps saying he will move it.  Painted the walls and trim in whites to brighten up and make more cheery.  Still trying to find the perfect curtains for in here.  I am going to be bringing in a chippy white fireplace mantel for this room along with other decor (when I find out where I packed it).


Here is the great room, well only half of it.  The other half is still quite a mess.  Notice the window behind?  It was the one covered by that ugly fake fireplace.  I think behind the lamp is where I am going to put that chippy white fireplace mantle.
Have my pictures here that were going to go before the finished section of the room but not to savey on how to shuffle them around.  Another view of great room before painting and such.


Came a long ways already.  Little putty, little paint made this room what it aint!!!!
We moved so much stuff out of our farmhouse and have it stored in 4 different places, but I will get there.  So anyways here is a little part of the great room in the depot that I have began decorating.  Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Absolutely great room! I understand the "putting the cart before the house" syndrom. Sometimes I decorate a room, even if a few weeks later I need to clear everything for a new renovation phase.