Wednesday, April 10, 2013

PROUD OWNER OF CRAIGSLIST FIND

Happy Spring my peeps!  It's raining buckets here in my part of Wisconsin.  Wish Mother nature would make her mind up and stop throwing in a little wintery mix to our so called Spring.  I decided to look around in Craigslist a few days ago (page after page) and just when I was going to call it a night I came across this Armouir entertainment center that was for sale.  After an hours drive, we made it home with this beauty.

It has an old country look with a soft warm pine color.  It is a heavy beast.  Remember a few posts back when my husband informed me that he did not want me to bring in anymore pieces of furniture(because we will only have to move it all again when the mill is done)?  Well he caved in, hey I have my ways of persuasion!   Are you ready for what it cost me?.................$200.00.  Yep, BEAT THAT POTTERY BARN! 

I also had found a smaller footstool to redo with a little paint and some vintage beige/crm ticking material for the top. I am still looking for a much larger one for cheap.  Well anyways, here is my treasures of the week. I had also found a new store that I just love.  Home Goods store.  It's associated with TJ Max I guess.  It has lots of great prices and the selection of home décor is wonderful.  I found a very large tin pressed wall piece with a beautiful patina that I just had to have.  Did not know where I was going to use it but sometimes ya just have to do it and figure where to put it when it gets home.

I placed it sitting on top of the fireplace mantel for now.  Still unsure if it should stay there or not.   I think that it's the color that is the problem.  If I keep it there I will have to get different pillows for the sofa to match better.  Such dilemmas ha?  Well hope you all have a great week.












H


10 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Oh I just love it when you come across a wonderful find at a bargain price! I found my last 3 bargains on Craigslist too!

Your home is coming together so very nicely!

Audrey

Anonymous said...

Beautiful armoire and you got it for such a great deal! Homegoods is the best ~ I find myself there quite frequently ~ and I love the piece you found there!

Jan said...

What a great find! Every time I dither and dawdle about a purchase on Craig's List it's sold by the time I decide to buy it. You got a deal! -- Jan

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Great finds! I love them all. The tin wall piece is perfect there..

Unknown said...

I have that same amoire in my livingroom and use it for an entertainment and storage center. Love it!

Connie said...

Oh my goodness, your decorating skills and the charm of your home is striking a chord with my heart strings. I love what you have done to create your lovely home, and the office area is outrageously gorgeous. I don't know why it has taken me so long to find your wonderful blog. We have many mutual followers, so I think it was destiny for our paths to cross at some point in time. I am your newest follower and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you over to follow me back. I have met the nicest people in blog-land.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

okcamp said...

Great finds! Nice hardware on your cupboard. One of the bad things about living where I do is that we have no big chain stores like Home Goods. The nearest TJ Maxx is 2 hours away in Marquette, and I don't think it's very well stocked. We're expecting up to a foot of snow tonight (so sick of this weather). I'd welcome rain....
Diane

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Isn't it a great feeling to find such a huge piece as the armoire for a great price? The tin thing (I have no idea how to call that) is lovely!

Kathleen said...

Very pretty room! Craig's list around here is awful. Not to mention there have been some horrific events connected to it here so I avoid using it. I LOVE scrubbed pine. I have several old pieces in my home. I like that it adds warmth to a room without being dark. Again what a pretty, cozy room.

Kathleen said...

Very pretty room! Craig's list around here is awful. Not to mention there have been some horrific events connected to it here so I avoid using it. I LOVE scrubbed pine. I have several old pieces in my home. I like that it adds warmth to a room without being dark. Again what a pretty, cozy room.