Friday, December 6, 2013

HOLIDAY TOUR IN DEPOT GREAT ROOM

     Brrr!  Winter is here in case anyone hasn't noticed.  Doesn't take a meteorologist to figure it out.  Good day to stay indoors and putz around.  I am the biggest procrastinator when it comes to wrapping gifts.  I don't know why, it just isn't my favorite thing to do, besides I am not as gifted , pardon the pun, in this area.  Before I forget be sure to visit my holiday kitchen tour here  Holiday kitchen tour and my Holiday dining table setting in the depot  Holiday dining table setting in the depot.

     This morning I thought I would show you a few photos of my great room (its not that I'm bragging that it's a great room, I've seen better) while the sun is shining somewhat.  I did decide to move the white rocker bench into the "Great Room" for extra seating when guests come for Christmas. 

     I've sure enjoyed browsing through several blogs that are showing their beautiful holiday homes.  Some very talented gals out there.  This year I'm going with less is more theme.  Maybe I'm just being lazy, but I do know how much work it is to take it all down too.  Well I am off to the grocery store to gather ingredients for some chili tonight with a side of cornbread and warm tapioca pudding.  Good night for it.  It is 5 below zero here right now.  Hope you have a wonderful day my friends!  Stay warm.

This year I decided to have a large Charlie Brown tree.  My husband calls it a feather looking tree.  Well I guess it kinda resembles one.











This is on of my favorite mirrors I had purchased at the Country Living fair in Atlanta.







I linked with Amaze Me Mondays

15 comments:

bayrayschild said...

Theresa, it is a GREAT room! You really do know how to pull everything together to make it very pleasing to the eye. I am very fond of that mirror too.

Have a nice day!
Audrey

okcamp said...

What a cozy room. I love the red and white.

It's cold here too. We already have way too much snow for early December.

Cheers....

Deb said...

I love this post. Your room is so beautiful with it`s simplicity and charm. Love the tree. Deb

A Primitive Homestead said...

I love to visit your blog. I have changed some things in decor to a more lighter shade and love it. I still love my black and Brown's but you have opened me to the lighter side. I have three rooms I have started collecting things paint and such to remodel. In great hopes my daughter who loves all light and splashes of color would like to have as her own apartment rather than just one room being her bedroom. I love your tree too. Reminds me of trees my Gram would find in the mountains above our someplace and she had those same glass ornaments. Wishing you and your a beautiful Christmas.

cynthia lee designs said...

Your great room looks "Great" all decorated for Christmas. Love the touches of red!
~Cindy

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

I absolutely LOVE your tree. It is exactly the type of tree I always search for but never find. All of your decor is beautiful , and the mirror!!! Wow! Enjoy your weekend, stay warm.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your Charlie Brown tree is delightful! I love your style and it reminds me of the Scandinavian blogs I follow with your white furniture and accents of red. I love the mirror you bought at the CL fair! It all looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

What a cozy, charming room! All I need is a mug of hot cocoa and I could sit in it all afternoon! Elle from SummerlandHomesandGardens.com

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Beautiful great room! I really like the tree. I'm the same way about gift-wrapping. It's pretty silly since we only buy for the 6 grandchildren, so there are only six presents to wrap. Yay, I have already wrapped them!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tour!!! Yes flaunt it. Love it all!! Thanks for linking!!!

Art and Sand said...

EVERYTHING looks wonderful. I love all the red and white.

Unknown said...

Thank you for all the kind comments. I wish that I had a reply button to personally reply back to you. Looking forward to next years Christmas. We should be in the mill and then I will really showcase my new home for the holidays.

queenbeaz said...

The Charlie Brown tree in that space is perfect!

Unknown said...

omg, I LOVE this...looks beautiful!!!!!

Out And About Global said...

Very, very pretty. I too like that mirror, great find!