Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Depot's office space makeover

Hello my friends.  I do believe there is a hint of spring in the air!  Finally, that's all I have to say.  Today I decided to give the Railroad station's office, which the desk is original to the depot, a face lift.  I just love how it turned out!  I went with what I like to call a dirty gold color.

I used Grand Distinctions paint.  The color is a Martha Stewart color called Toasted Marshmallow.  Even sounds yummy.  When finished painting, I added 2 new buffet lamps in a antiqued green from TJ Max store for 29.99 each.  Love that store!  Added a few cream colored frames that I still need to find just the right picture to put in each of them.  I had bought them from Walmart really cheap.

The newly painted walls made this little space bright and cheery.  I wanted to make this space a different color than on the rest of the great room so that it would stand out by itself.  Now that I'm sitting here at my newly decorated office space I noticed that my windows need a good cleaning.  Always something.  My husband is getting excited about moving forward on the renovation of the Mill.  He seems to think that it could be done in a years time.  I should put money on this one, ha?.

I do hope that the sun is finally shining more where you are and that Spring is upon you.  Enjoy your week.  If you have a chance go to www.cedarhill-ranch.com for Tuesdays "The Scoop" blog party.  Lots of wonderful blogs that you can browse through.  I did link with them this week. 
Well now for the big reveal of the office space.  Hope you like it as much as I do.  Sorry that some of these pictures are a bit darker than they should of been.  I think that I have to sit down and figure out whats going on with my camera.  And some of the pictures appear yellower than they should.  I will figure this out!  Now I have another mission.



Before


























6 comments:

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

Just love this color, the transformation is lovely. Di@Cottage-wishes

Donna said...

I just love it all! Little changes, but what a difference!
D

cynthia lee designs said...

It looks great. Love the desk!!
~Cindy

A Primitive Homestead said...

Amazing. So warm and bright. I seen frames on clearance like yours Sunday at Wal-Mart. So tempted to buy them. Now I wish I would have. Something how a paint color can make such an impact. Plans for the mill sound exciting. Blessings! Lara

A Primitive Homestead said...

Just had to come back and say those lamps are perfect. Blessings! Lara

Unknown said...

Lovely color, it sure brightened it up! With snow outside, this was the perfect way to 'warm' things up!