Sunday, January 13, 2013

Back home and back at it with a few treasures

Hello everyone.  Back from our little outing.  My husband and I enjoyed a little time together as we went hunting into Iowa for treasures.  Did not find as much as we would of liked but that seems to happen now and again.  Just so happened that I did not walk away empty handed in a couple of small shops.

Here you can see the few treasures that we managed to find and then a step further I am showing you how I worked each piece into my cozy little depot.  Just love my treasures.  Hope everyone is staying warm.  The weather here is a whopping 14 degrees not including the little windchill factor.  Good day to stay inside.  I am also working on my bathroom.  Will post pics when complete.  Just need to find certain items for this room so may take some time.  Enjoy your day!
Ball jar full of white/cream buttons.  Always nice to display with.

Treasure #2 and #3 is this smaller 3 compartment basket and a vintage towel for kitchen.  Don't know what to do with these yet, but I will at some time.

Found  a painted white frame and a larger chippy blue/gray window piece.  Just knew I had to have them for somewhere in the depot.

Just had to have this piece that was buried under a bunch of stuff in a small mom and pop junk shop.  Very chippy and perfect for me.

TaDa!!! The white picture frame is perfect!  I had added one of my favorite small vintage ink drawings framed inside the larger.  LOVE IT!


Here is the large old bluish grey window frame I set above my desk.  All I need for this grouping now is a square spring wreath or another frame centered into window frame or another picture inside frame.  Sometimes things just take a little time till you find the right piece.



Here is the other find, the table worked well between chair and sofa.  Love the old washed, worn look of it.  It matches so well with my coffee table too.  Also that small marble dish was one of my finds.



This was a cool find.  A cheese cutting board.  There are the 3 marble pieces in different sizes along with the wooden block they go on.

This is that washed looking old table that I love.  So much character.

2 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love all your vintage finds. The chippy tables are wonderful and I love the framed picture in a frame. Great secretary. How neat to be renovating and old flour mill.

bayrayschild said...

Everything is looking so BEAUTIFUL!
What GREAT finds!

Audrey