Monday, January 14, 2013

6 months and missing my farmhouse

This was one of my favorite spots to sit in the morning at my farm with a cup of coffee just listening to the birds singing.  Sure miss it!

Hello my friends.  Today was kind of a non productive day here at the depot.  I thought that I would post my previous farmhouse.  This home was built in 1923.  It has 5 bedrooms  and 4 bathrooms.  My husband Ross and I purchased this farm 12 years ago I believe and literally brang it back from the dead so to speak.  People thought we were crazy.  My brother in law even questioned our sanity and asked us if we were sure we did not have anything better to spend our money on.  Well we sure had the last laugh!  


I sure miss this beautiful home.  When we finished renovating the house we then turned it into a bed and breakfast and ran that for 6 years before finally deciding to get out of it.  Having the B and B was a great experience for us.  Met so many wonderful folks that became friends.  Anyways here are a few photos that I could find in my files.  Have a nice evening and catch ya on the next post.

You will be comming across a few duplicate photos.  My appologies.  I tried to delete the extras but I have been having a few issues with posting for the past week (UGH!).

This is one of my favorite old cupboards.  It has a matching on almost as big with an icebox built in.  The cupboard was handmade long ago.  The stove is an original blue enamel quick meal wood stove.  It is saved in storage in hopes that we might electify it to use.


This was the parlor/dining room.  It has the most beautiful view of the countryside.













6 comments:

Connie said...

Oh Theresa, I loved that farm house too and was so glad that we got to see it before you sold. But the Mill House is going to be so cool and of course the Depot is wonderful as well. But I sure know what you mean. I miss my big Colorado house too but life goes on. Take care and see you next summer.

Unknown said...

Hope your enjoying your winter over there. It is ugly cold here right now. But a warm up of 35 is comming soon. Wow. So glad your enjoying my blog.

Me and My Stitches said...

Beautiful! I can sure see why you miss it - every single picture is just wonderful.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How beautiful. I don't know how you left it.

A Primitive Homestead said...

Amazingly beautiful. The stove and cabinet eye catching. Always thought it would be fun to own and run a B and B. Blessings! Lara

Unknown said...

It was fun for the most part. We decided to quit the b and b because it tied us down 7 days a week, 24/7. It is so much work but really met some wonderful folks. Thanks for visiting . Hope you join up and stick around Lara.