Thursday, January 31, 2013

Old cabinet makeover

Hello everyone.  OMG IT'S FREEZING HERE!  What crazy weather.  What else is there to do when it's so cold but work on projects.  I finished painting this old cabinet that is in the great room.  I decided to paint it white.  Really turned out nice.  Brightened the whole room up.  What a change lighter colors can make to a room.  The room appears larger now also.  I also had a dilemma after painting this piece.  The old white horse on top of the cabinet now just appears out of place in color.  So I swapped it for a basket and went out in our backyard and cut some twigs to add height.  Our ceilings are 12 FT tall .  I also played around with another little arrangement, thinking spring!  I seem to get side tracked with fun projects when I should be doing paperwork (taxes).  I do work well under pressure though. When I was a nurse, it came in handy!

Well, that's all the happenings around here today.  Hope you have a great evening.
Before paint
After painting with white paint
Added a basket filled with twigs for some color instead of the old horse.
Little start on spring

4 comments:

Patty said...

I love to see transformations like this. Thanks for showing us. It looks so lovely. What paint did you use? i will be painting some pieces soon and I want them white.

Unknown said...

Oh what a nice change and I love the decor on top! It makes me want to get out the paintbrush and paint my cabinet in the livingroom. LOL

Dagmar said...

Hello, wonderful to visit your blog..What a great way to meet like minded women..Still working my way thru all the blogs..such delight.

Elizabeth Johnson said...

I really like the frame and the basket on top.
~Elizabeth