Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Love my old leather bound books

Finally I am getting around to dressing up my desk.  I had to go into storage where all my goodies are stored from our move at the farm.  I did manage to find part of my collection of very old leather bound books.  I don't know where the others are but I'm sure I put them in a place where I thought I would not forget where I put them.  Have you ever done that?  Any whooo, I really like how its turning out.  When I purchased this desk at a really great deal I might add, I had in my mind that I was going to paint it white or something in a light paint anyways.  But once I got it home, I just have not had the heart to do that yet.  What do you think?  Paint it?  I am trying to achieve the country french look here so maybe a hint of gray paint?  Oh the things we don't do to try to make our homes look like pictures from a magazine ha?  Well anyways, I hope that you like what I have done here.  Any suggestions are always welcome.  I can take a little critisism .  I said a little!  So go ahead and let me have it!  Hope you are enjoying your beautiful day!


 
 
 

3 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I collect old leather bound books, too. If I close the doors to my sitting room and then open them later you can smell the old aroma. I love how you styled this secretary.

Unknown said...

That secretary is great! It gave me an idea..hmmm I'm coming up on a blog party at Copycat with Debbiedoos...I signed up for and havent been able to get anything big done for that soooo, sister if you're ok I may copy cat some of your ideas!? That ok? Im at porch sittin time for scooby. Also I have a give away..check it out if you have time.

Sherrie {Bird Lady} said...

I really like this piece dark. But I'm sure you could do something lovely with it painted. I have a small set of antique books that were my grandmothers that I keep for decoration on my roll top desk. I just love the look of the old books.