Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Another interesting wall piece added to my kitchen

Good day my friends.  The weather is a lot more bearable here in S.W. Wisconsin for the day.  Here is what I had my husband dig out of storage for me today.  It is an large, old, wooden desk top piece.  Just love how it turned out after hanging it up.  It works so well for holding dishes, linens, and a few of my favorite cookbooks!  I just love thinking out side the box and using pieces for a different purpose other than what they were originally used for.  My mind always has the gears turning everytime I see something that interests me.  Well lets see what else I can come up with in the next few days!

Just love how it holds cookbooks, dishes, and linens!

5 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What a great idea for the desk top! Just love how it turned out. I'll be watching for new pictures soon, Dawn

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That is a great piece.

bayrayschild said...

Love the piece and how you're using it!

Your home is lovely!

Audrey

Sherrie {Bird Lady} said...

I love this! The oval picture on top caught my eye. It reminds me of an antique pic I have of my great great great Grandfather & Grandmother.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a great piece. It looks very "farmhouse" and I love it. Now, where are those frightening pictures I have been promised? I'm off to check the blog.