Monday, January 21, 2013

MY WITTLE WHITE WABBIT

Good day my friends.  Hope everyone is staying warm.  It is 20 below zero here.  I am sooooo ready for warmer weather.  40 degree days are going to feel like a heat wave when you have this cold of weather.  I just wanted to post a little spot in my cozy little depot that I did today.
 
Easter will be here before you know it.  So here is what I did.  I have always loved show and tell how bout you?  I found an old, old children's fables book, which if you ever read children stories from years ago they are actually frightening!  I would never think of reading some of those stories to my grandchildren for fear they would get nightmares.  So, anywhoooo, as I was thumbing (this must be my word of the week or something) I came across an picture of wabbits!
 
I thought to myself, BINGO!  This would be cool to use with my wabbit.  So there you have it.  I took a few more photos but for some dang reason I could not get them to download.  I will keep trying to give you another angle.  Well, I guess that I'd better get some supper ready for the Mr..  I think it's going to be a soup night.  Ta ta for now.
 
P.S.
No I'm not related to Babwa Wawters.
 
 
 

7 comments:

A Primitive Homestead said...

Pretty rabbit decor, Blessings! Lara

Lesa said...

I'm saving your picture for Easter decoration inspiration. Thanks!

Elizabeth Johnson said...

Oh I love vintage children's illustrations. They often look sweeter than the actual story.
~Elizabeth

Lynne said...

Lovely illustrations and decor.

Try downloading Windows Live Writer (assuming you're using a Windows based computer). It's free. I use if for nearly all my posts; photos upload quickly and I rarely have trouble sending it to my Blogger account!

Anonymous said...

Love your rabbit under the bell jar and pared with that illustration, it is perfect!
I think some countries used fairytales as a form of mental warfare on kids minds to make them behave. Kind of like "the moral of the story" on steroids! lol I sure wouldn't go wandering into the wood leaving bread crumbs after learning of a witch who might want to eat me!
Have a wonderful day! Babwa ;-)
~Dawn

okcamp said...

Very pretty! It's frigid here too, -6 and snowing. The schools were canceled across most of the Western UP. Too cold for the kiddos to be outside waiting for the buses.
~Diane

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

I need one of them glass domes.
Spring looks a long way away where I live.
Laura